Cycling Jerseys – Cycling jerseys are made of spandex or other form fitting materials to reduce drag when you ride. However, this doesn’t mean that you will need to squeeze yourself into a skin tight top covered in corporate logos just for a trip to the store. Many brands offer cycling jerseys that look and feel very much like regular T–shirts and tops but include a few strategically placed pockets and zippers. Their fabrics enhance performance by wicking away sweat to keep you drier.
Specific features for cycling jerseys include:
- Stand up collar to shade your neck in summer (or seal in body heat in cool weather).
- Front zipper for ventilation when your temperature rises.
- Shoulders cut wider for arms–forward comfort.
- Sleeves specially shaped for forward lean.
- Back pockets for easy on–the–go access.
- Form–fitting cut to reduce flapping.
- Longer cut in back for coverage when riding.
- Reflective trim or highlights for night riding.
Additional features for early spring and late fall riding
- Long sleeves for more warmth and coverage.
- Denser, heavier fabric weaves and a brushed lining to add insulation.